Spicy Oven Roasted Eggplant Parmesan
Oven Roasted Eggplant...yum!!!
One of my favorite oven roasted vegetables is eggplant. Sometimes roasted eggplant is even referred to as vegetarian meat, due to the versatile ways you can prepare it.
The great thing about eggplant is that it is easy to make. It doesn't even need peeling. The vegetable is fully edible and tastes amazing too. One of my favorite ways to make oven roasted vegetables is with Parmesan cheese and spices!
I find combining eggplant with different spices adds to the aroma of the vegetable and gives it the extra kick it needs.
Here is my recipe for Spicy Oven Roasted Eggplant Parmesan:
- 1 medium to large eggplant
- 2 Tblsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dry onion flakes
- 2 tsp of Gravelbourg Jalepeno mustard
- a couple sprinkles of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan petals
- fresh cilantro (topping)
- lime juice (topping)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (easy clean up and it won't stick to the pan!)
3. Wash and slice your eggplant in rounds and place on the baking sheet.
4. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, onion flakes and mustard and mix until well combined. Brush this mixture directly on top of the eggplant slices until well coated.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. A few minutes before the eggplant is done (and starts to brown), take the tray out of the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of each slice. Place it back in the oven until cheese melts.
6. Once baked, top with fresh cilantro and drizzled lime juice to taste.